View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:40 AM

Default how good is you omaha?

i have been playing a lot of PLO lately so i thought id refresh my game a little by reading a little more on the subject.

after rereading the stewart reuban book, and then getting crushed after incorperating some of his ideas, i remembered something. this is exactly what happened last time i read this book.

Now before everyone saysthat i cant blame my results on mr reuban let me point out that i know this and am just using these results over a very small sample to make a point/ask a question about his book.

he seems insanely loose from almost all positions. i have no doubt that he is a great player and that he is playing very deep money but it still is much looser than my regular game in regards to 2 and 3 gappers that are very small in early position and a lot of other situations.

while he claims that his book is very good for learning online PLO i think it is not very well suited to a short stacked game like any big bet online game (assuming a 100bb buyin)

just curious about what others think of his starting hand selections and the hands he call raises with. other impressions of the book are also welcome. the most glaring problems with it to me are his rarely metioning stack size and an incomplete explanation of the position of the players involved in the hands. without this info i often found myself with no idea how to answer questions. his anyalsis does seem very good other than this though.'

anyways, i dont have the experience with PLO i have in other games (although i enjoy it quite a bit) so its difficult for me to know for sure if my impressions of the book are correct (outside of the stack size and position comments which i am almost certain is neccessary info, at least how i play the game). is he too loose, or am i too tight, or is the answer just that you can play this loose, esp up front, when your money is very very deep. it seems like you would get into a lot of tough situations with 2476 and the like up front with deep money.

sorry such a rambling long post,
matty