View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Another Question For Protestants

[ QUOTE ]
you still have not really grasped the followup question to answer when you choose B. It is this: since Jesus and the aposltes taught 100% correctly, is it reasonable to assume that God doesn't care if we here and now are able to receive that same 100% correct interpretation of scripture/revelation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scripture is sufficient. Isn't it great that the apostles taught 100% correctly and we still have their inspired words? We have the truth you are searching for, in scripture. We do not need a group of people or a governing council or clergy or anything else. Nothing stands between us and the 100% correct words of the apostles. Even the Bereans searched the scriptures for themselves to see if what the apostles were telling them was true. That's the same thing I should do. That's the same thing you should do.

[ QUOTE ]
Thus, is it reasonable to believe that having taught the 100% correct and entire truth in apostolic times that God would not necessarily provide that it be so today by there being one true denomination with the others only being partially right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, rather than "one true denomination", he has given us his very words in scripture.

Let me be more specific. You and I both agree (I think) that the teaching of the apostles was 100% accurate. Their teaching is recorded for us in a book. We have that book. What do we lack? I know what you are thinking. "Why then are there so many different interpretations for the same scripture in protestant denominations?" Protestants could overcome that objection by picking a single group to interpret scripture, but that would not make their interpretation necessarily correct. Enter Rome. Just because there is a singular (more or less) source of interpretation in the Catholic Church, does not make that interpretation necessarily correct.

There, I've answered your question. Sounds very Protestant to me. Hope it's not mere protestantism that gets me ignored (I did not read the thread you linked because I didn't want it to influence my response).

[ QUOTE ]
So, is there one true denomination today that teaches the 100% correct and entire truth? (It is not necessary to specify which one.)

[/ QUOTE ]

100%? I doubt it. Scripture has that covered though.

[ QUOTE ]
Your answer to that determines whether I will ignore you in the future if you care. There is an important theological and logical point in this matter. If you did not read my earlier thread on this matter, What You Protestants Don't Seem To Get, you might wish to.

[/ QUOTE ]