View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

To say Fox News has a right wing bias is like saying Michael Moore has a little bit of a weight problem. Frankly, I think Fox News has a brilliant business model – slant their news and views to the right, and consistently attack other news organizations for slanting their bias to the left. This is why they’re crushing the competition. A lot of right wing people only want to hear/read news, which conforms to their views. This is why Limbaugh, Hannity, etc., get huge radio ratings, and liberal radio can barely get off the ground.

I have consistently frequented Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and cbsnews.com nearly every day on the internet for a couple years now, to view the bias and conformity of these sites. The degree of Fox’s bias is exponential compared to these other sites. It includes everything from choosing their lead stories, ignoring stories every other new outlet reports on, and the wording and phrasing they use on there headlines. One of the worst instances of bias was during the initial invasion of Iraq, when the US had its worst day casualty wise, and every news source led with this, because it was the most important story. Fox had the verdict of the lady who hit and killed the bum stuck in her windshield as its lead. I believe MSNBC has a slight left wing bias, but compared to Fox you wouldn’t even notice. Based on my experience, I would say the CNN offers the most unbiased news of all these outfits, and that’s where I go first if I want the most facts.