View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Cory Maye, another drug war victim

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was a jackbooted thug engaged in a pre-dawn raid, probably dressed head to toe in black and carrying a machine gun

[/ QUOTE ]

He was in standard uniform. He did not have his gun drawn. The police unit loudly announced their presence and knocked on the door repeatedly before knocking it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I guess that makes it ok then! Knocking on the door before breaking it down. I'll have to remember that one if I ever have to invade someone's home.

[ QUOTE ]
Maye had been awoken and prepared himself. He was waiting, on the floor, in the dark, with his gun drawn at the door, and opened fire immediately as the door was opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Broken down, you mean. And if this was the case, can you explain this sequence of events? There's a loud knock at your door, several in fact, accompanied by people loudly proclaiming they are the police, and a person who is not a criminal not only doesn't answer the door, he waits until the door is broken down so that he can shoot precisely one cop before surrendering? Perhaps this only makes sense when you realize that the same thugs in charge of breaking down the doors in the middle of the night then get to write the reports of what happened.

[ QUOTE ]
The investigation, though sloppy, concluded that this was a nonviolent marijuana dealer (hence why Officer Jones' gun was not drawn upon entry).

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why they shouldn't have been breaking down doors at all, and precisely why it doesn't bother me one bit that the pre-dawn raiding door-breaking-down thug got what he deserved.

[ QUOTE ]
Please get a clue before running your mouth off on a dead police officer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can at least content yourself with the knowledge that Officer Jones' death must be somehow good for the economy. After wall, it is a drug war.