View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Preflop raising thoughts and concerns

I think I need to get Poker Tracker - Omaha version.

[ QUOTE ]

the game was loose/aggressive as usual, and I found myself with a very loose image at the table holding AA 2 5 sooted. I limped UTG and re-raised when it came back to me. PF ends up getting capped.

I started to think that in a lot of O8B games it becomes correct strategy to limp with the hopes of re-raising with big hands, and also for the fact that a lot of hands that are monster starters just play well multi-way.

So, i've switched to a limp/re-raise with big hands in EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're in a loose/agressive game like you said, I like it. If it's a loose/passive game, you might as well raise it yourself. They'll call anyways.

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, I've also been playing suited connector hands very aggressivly PF. Hands that aren't two way hands I might add. Specifically hands like AKQJ KQJ10 QQJ10 so on and so forth. Does anyone have anything in their database about playing these hands in this fashion PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's OK with hands like AKQJ, but not hands like 789T simply because the AKQJ still has potential to scoop. 789T won't make the nut straight without there being a low on the board. I'm generally a bit weak, so I like to see flops cheap, but if you're in LP and believe that other limpers have mostly low cards, I think you can raise it up pre-flop if you can get away from a low flop.

[ QUOTE ]

There's one hand I'd like comments on here, as well.

It's just the flop i'm concerned with in this hand.
I'm button with A 2 4 6 nut spades.

5 players to a flop of

3x 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Kx

It's bet by the SB, BB raises, all call and it comes back to me and I 3-bet.

Does anyone like a call here and why?

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a good raise. You have nut uncounterfeitable low draw, plus a nice wrappish draw I think (Any A, 2, or 4 makes a wheel, any 7 gives you nut straight, a 6 has you beaten only by 47xx). Plus backdoor nut flush draw. This is a good value raise since everyone else is coming along for the ride. Sucks if you miss all your draws (like I seem to do), but otherwise I think it's a good play.