View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: 20/40, hands like this are killing me - Q6s blind war

Thanks for the input guys.

In retrospect, I think a turn check was in order on *this* turn. The T makes so many hands that would have folded a blank turn into calling hands w/ gutshots, oesd, pairs, etc, that I think I can check it behind and reevaluate on the river. Gaming_mouse's calculations were good and I'll keep that in mind in the future. A J would also be a bad turn card to bet, though I'd probably bet any non-J or T b/c i retain most of the folding equity my flop raise generated.

as Hock_ and Grisgra alluded to, it can be stymieing to have to keep folding UI(though correct-i've spewed here with a turn 3bet or river raise just like gris), especially when it feels like I never hit the draw...they can't have it every time, right? Somitems he'll have c/r'd me on the turn with an OESD...because there's no way they always have a good pair w/ the amount these guys give action.

My biggest worry at the 20 game is that i'm getting run over... from an objective standpoint I know I read hands well enough to take bottom pair to showdown when i think it's +EV, so it's not like i'm sitting around waiting for TPTK, but it can be tough when you are blanking alot of hands to remember that.

Surf