View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Devastating 30 BB hand

with that many people in the pot you have to assume your up against a flush draw and have 4 outs. Of those 4 outs you can be up against hands that have already have a pair and a kicker with your hand. Hell, your aces are probably in other peoples hands, assuming this game is that loose people don't fold aces preflop therefore the ones that pair the board will screw you when you turn an ace and they have two pair. So between your 4 non flush cards I'd say you have two clean outs between the queens and aces. 14:1 on 2 outs isn't worth it especially since people will hit there flush on the river and redraw out on you.

Your line.... ok, so you thought the pot was big enough and were trying to isolate yourself w/ the initial bettor hoping to spike top pair etc... Thats the second best play imo, i think folding is better. Now after like 3 people cold call you, you have to know theres a flush draw out there. Therefore, I don't like raising the turn because you won't get the draws to fold and are just asking them to call the river with any pair since the pot is soo big. Now that you know you have flush draws present on the turn you can safely assume you have 4 outs MAX, but I wouldn't treat it like 4 outs because of what I typed earlier. Therefore you need like 20:1 on the turn and your just not getting that so you should probably fold here as well.