View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Big Jump - From Party $100NL to $1000NL??

A great way to prepare yourself for the mental and emotional swings you'll have to endure at that level is to actually live through the agony of losing 5K in two minutes. Take out five thousand from your account right now and send it to my home, look at your account again, and realize that I'm not giving it back... I promise I'll have my girl scream your name after I buy her expensive jewelry with your money. (that's only fair, really...)

Okay, seriously, you're clearly doing well with the game you're at, you've been saving your money, promote yourself. You've earned it. You probably could have made this bump 15 grand ago. The issue is that with every little hop you take toward the higher limits, you're against opponents that aren't going to call your raise every time, or get suckered in with an eight high flush to the nuts(well, usually). It's not that you're not better than the people there, even... it's understanding that sometimes moving up a level will lower your daily take. You might cream the 200 and level off at the 400. When this happens, go back to the 200 where you're making the most money for your time, improve your game to the point where you can cream the 400, and so on. Find your holes, get used to both using AND avoiding more complicated plays. Learn what new moves are used at these levels so that you can be prepared for their big brothers when you move up again.
-And I'll be expecting that check by the end of the week. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Keep playing player!
Ez-out