View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Deep 3/6NL: CAll all in preflop with AQs?

I was browsing through some of my old threads from another forum and came across this one. I believe it should get some good responses here. This hand happened back in May:

Party NL600 6-max.

UTG: ($1500)
CO: (VILLIAN) $2100
BUTTON HERO w/$1550 A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB: ($600)
BB: ($600)

PREFLOP: All fold to VILLIAN to moves all in. Easy fold of course? Well...here's the backround:

Villian to my right has built his stack up by using one move: ALL IN. Even his SCREENAME was All-IN_7 (something like that). On an average of about once every orbit, he would move all in for his entire stack preflop, almost never getting a caller. He has pushed preflop about 20 or so times. The only 2 times he got called was by a short stack when the villian had A 8o and by a medium stack when the villian had A Jo. Sometimes he would show his hand, other times he wouldn't. The times he showed his hand was when he had 10 5o, A 4o, 10 Js, 7 8s, 7 2o and one time he had a good hand, KK. He would make this move regarless of position, limpers, etc. There seemed to be no pattern to his all ins. And yes, he had open pushed with those junk hands with my big stack waiting behind him.

The hand immediately before I got my A Q , he moved all in, everyone folded and showed AK. At that point he had not gone all in preflop for about 3 orbits...which was in fact a long time for him. The first time he did it I would NEVER call him with AQ since he hadn't done it in awhile. If he showed 9 4 the previous hand or some other crap I would now fold my AQ since I would feel a trap coming. But now the reverse is true. And I don't think he is smart enough to think on the level of pushing with AK therefore push with aces the next hand.