View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Bluffing Strategy

Hey all,

I'm just getting into the Party NL $100 games after a successful run at limit up to 5-10.

While I understand the basic fundamentals of NL games, I'm having some difficulty developing a successful bluffing strategy, particularly when a good starting hand hits a flop with some potential, but doesn't actually materialize.

For example, last night on a full table, I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and raise to 4. CO (TAG) and SB (too new to have a good read) call.

On the flop I catch a royal flush draw, with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and a rag. I bet $10, CO folds, and SB calls. The turn is a rag. I (incorrectly) checked, and the SB bet $10 again, which I called. The river brought another rag, and the betting was the same (again, likely incorrect) as the turn.

So I'm looking for some insight into this hand, as well as others where I pick up a big draw. My opinion is that I played this hand like a gutless coward.

Thanks,
Tripp