View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Film: Last Samurai

Ok first off, my wife and I still have all our digits, nipples, and other important equipment. Surprising since we had many drinks and then carved pumpkins. Then we decided to watch a rental, Sahara, and realized the disc is scratched and unwatchable.

Then I hit On Demand and picked Last Samurai. My wife hated the idea. I told her of some things my friends said: "Yeah it's set in Japan and a civil war between old school and new school. And yeah it's got some brutal fighting. But it's really about cultures, honor, and beliefs. And no, it's not just a fight and [censored] flick, there's only one woman in the movie and she doesn't bang an army or anything."

She bought it, so we watched.

We both ended up loving the movie. It was interesting to learn about the cultures involved. Although I thought the plot was a bit over the top Tom Cruise heroish ... it wasn't so much that I didn't like the movie itself.

Given that I liked the movie can any of you recommend other things I'd probably like? What did you think of the Last Samurai?