Thread: Slowrolling
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling

[ QUOTE ]
<<Subtle hijacking in progress>>

To alter this slightly:

WHAT IF - hypothetically - the guy who missed his flush tabled his loser as if he thought he lost...then the dealer looks at the hand - also misses the flush and pulls the cards into the muck pile.

Zeteck and Lottery - how would you feel about an audience member shouting out, "He had a flush! I saw his cards!"

Basically - the cards speak for themselves - but to WHOM?

[/ QUOTE ]

To everybody, I don't have time to pull up the rules at the moment, but I believe that's specifically addressed, that pretty much everybody has an actual affirmative duty to speak up, including non-players.

Besides cards speak. The better hand has a right to that pot even if he doesn't realize it, even if nobody at the table realizes it, whearas if he mucks it, then he does not.

There is also a rule that if anybody but the "winner" of a hand asks to see a hand that was mucked at showdown, that hand is not live and cannot win the pot even it it turns out to be the best hand. If the "winner" asks to see it though, it is live and can still win the hand if it turns out to be better than the "winner's" hand.

--Zetack