View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Turn action

[ QUOTE ]

Assume you bet the pot on the flop and Villain calls.

Pot size is now $480. You each have $2360 behind. Turn card is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Now what? One thing to consider is whether this card is a brick.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a brick.

if villain holds 33 we are toast - as 2 3's are on board now that is so unlikely we can dismiss it as a possibility. If it happens thats poker.

that leaves A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I am guessing that would have raised the flop for #1 or #3 and #2 wouldn't have chased the flush for a PSB.

I lead here for ~1/3 pot to see what action develops, Checking is no good as it allows Villain again to check behind for a free card and he's still most likely drawing.

Villain 3 is the most likely to hold a 3 - tho even if he does I still have draws to a fh so will push any raise.

for 1& 2 I call any raise and see the river.

I want my opponents to try and draw out. hence the 1/3rd ishbet it is most likely if they do draw that they will miss. - if they miss I win a bigger pot. I also want to bet just enough so that if they call and chase the draw they aren't getting quite enough odds and are making a small mistake. lets say $180

I am ahead of Kx (not K3) AK - any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I am behind K3 T3 AA 33

I can't see that AA or 33 would generate this action on this board from any of the 3 players - that leaves 2 hands I am behind.

then pray that the laws of probability hold up and the river is a brick - I'm scared of Aces and diamonds tho I am not sure I can a fold if one shows up...