View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: to live or not to live (the lesser of two evils)--kind of long

strange thing, dying.

I had a teacher who told me about his father, and how his father was the most stubborn, toughest guy he ever knew in his entire life up till the day he was in a hospital bed and about to die.

And all he cared and cried about his final days was that he HAD to have his wife and family there cause he was so scared of dying alone.

-------------------------------------

After my nice pleasant bout with suicidal depression, I've never really been scared of dying either, per se, but I've been scared as hell of dying alone - that's the only terrible thing I can imagine about dying anymore. In fact, I just had a terrible scare after this post - (that had been building for a couple days) that my Dad might have just died alone in the woods and it freaked me out enough to call my bro. back.

Sounds like that's not happening here either. So again, I would tell him not to be too upset about it - - I think what Tdarko's family is doing is acceptable.

I do NOT want this to drift into a political or theological argument statement, (as Tdarko said earlier - wrong forum for both) - but I'll put it this way -

I don't believe there's a God in Heaven who's gonna judge his family for murder or call them a sinner for what's happening.

RB