View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Value bet straights and flushes when the board pairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I raise here pf. I can't see putting in extra money with JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check the action again. And paying 2 isn't the end of the world - JTs plays fine agains a large fied.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop it's better to just call and go for overcalls. You're not getting the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold so I think your just chasing money out here.

[/ QUOTE ]
We'd like them to stay in. In fact, we'd like them to pay us lots of money to stay in. You need to be getting as many bets in the pot as possible on the flop and turn, because a lone A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] isn't calling on the river.

Don't slowplay non-nut flushes - they're too vulnerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I checked the action and I don't see why we want to put in extra money with JTs. I know that the starting charts are meant only as guidelines but they do have you just checking in BB with JTs. Why is this hand any different. I know they play well in a large field. What's your point?
OOOOOOPS!!! My humble apologies. I re,re-checked the action. I thought he was on the BB and raised with JTs.

As far as not raising your flush, the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is out and you can't get the A or K to fold so how are you protecting your hand by raising? I can see raising for value but with the bettor on your right the only thing your going to do is drive out hopeless hands.

Edited to add humble apology