View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Absolute management please read

[ QUOTE ]
What we did not consider is the number of players that are using programs like Poker Tracker, and they have raised concerns about the accuracy of the hands played, as Poker Tracker displays total hands played only.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. PT can easily provide the exact number of raked hands played. Most of us know how to do this. I do not believe counts of hands played are an issue here.

I am also aware of the Poker Tracker problem interpreting return of uncalled bets. I downloaded the corrective patch to PT, exported all the hand histories in my Absolute database, and created a new database from the hand histories. My database is completely correct concerning the amount raked from each pot.

The problem is that daily reports appear to compute player MGR for a single hand as follows:

MGR = (<Total rake> / <Total players dealt cards&gt * 1/2

The first part of the formula is well-known and on AP's website, but the factor of 1/2 is a mystery.

I am willing to do the following to help Absolute put this issue to rest. I have a recent daily MGR report of less than a dollar that appears to be based on exactly four hands. Please either PM me at 2+2 or post an email address that I can send the following information to:

1. My account identity.

2. The date the hands were played and the amount of MGR reported by my affiliate for that day.

3. The hand numbers for each of the four hands. These hands were played at the same table between 2355 Eastern time and midnight. They are the only hands I played that calendar day.

Have your tech guys sit down with the four hand histories and my account information. If they can explain how they got the MGR result from the hands then we can all relax. Otherwise you will know exactly what the problem is and that should make it much easier to find and fix.

My only requests are that you tell me what you determined and that you keep my account information private. That means do not post the hand history numbers because anyone could look me up.

Let me conclude by saying that I am a new customer and I am enjoying playing at your site. Your customer service people have a very good attitude.