View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

Hi Guys

As an affiliate we are getting daily emails about this...we just got another one. I have no idea how many of you are our players but it fills us(and i am sure the other affiliates) with confidence to know that you guys do not for one second think that the affiliates ar stitching you up. It would of course have to be a brilliant conspiracy for us to pull that off across so many players [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

We have forwarded every email that we receive about a discrepancy to Absolute. They have sent us this back regarding hand counts today:

"As you are aware, player rake is calculated based on the total rake collected in hands played by your players. Those hands that do not collect a rake obviously do not generate any revenue.

In the past the hands played information displayed in our reporting was a sum of all of the hands played, as opposed to only those that are raked, which can be as high as 30 - 40% of all hands, depending on limits and number of players at the table.

This month we changed the reporting to only show the number of hands played that were raked, which is of course accurate. What we did not consider is the number of players that are using programs like Poker Tracker, and they have raised concerns about the accuracy of the hands played, as Poker Tracker displays total hands played only.

We are going to change our reporting back as soon as possible to report total hands played again to alleviate these concerns. "

We hope this solves the problem for at least some of you...i'm guessing it's a "No" for the majority

Kind regards

Jess