View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Confess your poker sins

Here's one that happened to me a few days ago. I limp in pot in position with 44. Flop comes A64 with a 2 spade flush draw. Someone bets into me, I just call. Turn comes 7s completing the flush and putting a straight draw out. Same bettor, I call again. River is 5d so I theres 3 spades on the board and a 4 card straight. Its bet into me again.....this time, I PUSH!

The worst part was me thinking(sorta thinking, not sure where I was at this point) 'I hope he caught his straight so I can beat him with my set.' Sure enough he had A8 and rivered the straight. Much to my suprise, they push the pot his way.

I feel like a complete moron at this point. I can't chalk this up to a learning experience, I've been playing poker for 5 years and know what beats what. It's not like I wasn't paying attention either....I just stopped thinking. I got in the mindset of "I flopped a set and he bet, I'm gonna slowplay and raise later." Shortly after that I had to stop playing. I felt burned out and confused at my stupidity.