View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: SSNL Session + review posts?

[ QUOTE ]
2 miscelaneous things:

First, I'd suggest putting this to a vote to see how much interest there is in a weekly session post here. I'll post the thread, if nobody objects.

Next, regarding the way in which the session contributor is selected. Once this gets started, everybody will want to get a chance at posting thier session. Obviously, it's like a free coaching session. Who wouldn't want that? In micros we decided very early on that this great benefit should go to someone who has given something to the forum. They don't have to be a carpal/tunnel, but strangers and newbies were excluded. Its nothing personal against the lurkers and new posters, but it just doesn't seem fair to the people who contribute a lot of personal time and effort to not get a chance at the session post. Besides, all a newbie has to do to become eligible to post a future session is contribute to the forum. We came up with a soft & arbitrary rule that only those posters with > 200 posts were eligible to be the session contributor.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this and think we should vote on this in the next day or so. oh yeah i agree that in the future we should keep this restricted to posters with some posts but i dont see any reason to punish the op since he already converted his hands and he did bring up the discussion.