Thread: Motivation
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Motivation

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really get it Shadow. Am I that far removed from 'the kids' today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I don't think that you can draw a representative sample out of just me because I am quite atypical when it comes to "the kids".

[ QUOTE ]
Making ends meet when you aren't living with your folks anymore is not easy. 6 years down the road, it's easy to laugh about pulling in 20K a year and only buyin what's on sale at the grocery store. I've come to think of those times as a pennance. I was learining the ropes, and how to make it work. I get to spend on all sorts of thing now, but only cause I learned how to make it work with a lot, lot less. Learn some money management skills. Taxes are real. You have to eat every day. Go play poker young man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me start backwards. I pay taxes and have paid taxes the last three years. I have and always will pay taxes on my gambling income.

I haven't graduated college yet, but when I do I plan on going to grad school to get an MPA (Masters of Public Administration). Poker will pay for grad school. That's the plan anyway. I'm also planning to play cards to supplement my income. Although in my field poker will likely 2x or 3x or more my regular income. I'll be doing politics because I love it. And what I'm worried about now is getting burned out too quickly and not being able to pay for Princeton in a couple years. And not being able to afford a townhome in Georgetown in a few more. The plan is for poker to allow me to live very well while simultaneously having a job that doesn't pay all that well, but which I love doing. So I'm trying to nip this thing in the bud right now.