View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 33 in BB...Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
Why not 3-bet preflop if you're going to play this hand. It gives you the initiative here and you have a little something to showdown.

I suppose you can just call and c/r a favorable flop but its hard to tell what a favorable flop is against a steal. Most turn cards are going to be ugly on the J7x board, given button's range, and will probably put you in tough spots on the turn and river. I would just check/fold this flop and wait for a better board to do this on like Kxx, or a paired flop, more ragged flop, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3 bet PF with this hand if I am raised from the SB. I don't like to do it when I don't have position.

If I 3 bet PF and then he caps is the the plan to fold to any flop where I don't hit a set?

What about if I 3 bet and then I bet out on the flop and he calls? Check/fold the turn? Bet/fold the turn?

I find it interesting that you think a board with a K is better than a board with a jack. I would think that a stealer (especially this opponent) would be more likely to have a King in his hand than a jack. I do see what you mean with the turn being ugly given the board.

I still don't know what the best way to play this hand is. I'm starting to think that it is calling PF, donking the flop, and then not putting in another bet unless I hit a set.