View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Two turning stone live mtt hands

I like your play in the first hand. I don't mind playing AA second hand low, especially when there are short stacks at the table who may push at any time. Keeping the initial raiser in I think is good since pushing him out with a reraise probably will not improve your chances of winning the hand too much. On the flop you had him right where you wanted him - I'm guessing he had AK? Pushing is fine since the pot is now HUGE so he sorta has to call.

The second hand I'm not to keen on. You don't state your position (I'm guessing button?), but your raise was fine. When the SB checks I'd rather put him in a position to make a mistake and get some value from the hand. I'd fire about t4,000 into the pot and I wouldn't really mind if he called with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something like that. You're prepared to stick all your chips in anyway and you're still a favorite to his flush draw. I'm guessing that he did not have something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or else he would have led at the pot. If he has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] let him make a mistake by calling and shut him out on the turn. If he has no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or pair then he's not calling anyway. Therefore, the push does not make too much sense IMO.