Thread: 96s Blind Steal
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: 96s Blind Steal

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the idea of planning to bet-fold the turn HU against someone who plays weird. Against someone like this, why not check the turn? The pot is small, you have a good hand that wants to showdown and he will often bluff the river if you check the turn, but may fold a loser if you bet the turn yourself. In a 3.25BB pot I don't think it's harmful to give 2 overcards a free card if they will often bluff with them on the river. If the flop had contained 2 flush cards then I think you must bet this turn. If you don't think he will bluff a busted gutshot on the river, then betting the turn is OK also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the small size of the pot is a pretty good justification for betting, not checking, since if he does checkraise I'm pretty certain I won't have nearly enough odds to call down even though it will be a whacko move with a worse hand from time to time. Way more often that that it will be a monster. If the pot was somehow so big that I'd feel uncomfortable folding the turn then I could see the merits of a check there much better.