View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: \"When weak act strong\"?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been lurking a couple of weeks. I think I just saw an instance of the weak-strong dichotomy. Playing a 1 table satellite at Binion's. First hand--5 or 6 limpers. I hit the nut flush on the flop and lead out for $250 (we got 1k in t chips to start). guy pushes-I call (he has trips and does not improve and says"...geez...if you had it, I didn't think you'd bet it." So many folks play weak when they are strong the reverse effect has almost occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

You all have misunderstood this principle. It is not when weak act strong or the other way around and it hasn't anything to do with betting amounts or slow playing. (weak means strong, strong means weak is the principle )
P.S. your bet into 5 limpers w/ the nut flush makes absolutely no sense, you did not include blind size or pot size so I can't say how deranged it was. Most tournys start at what 25,25 more likely 25, 50 , so if they were in that ballpark, you bet 250 (a pot size bet into 5 other limpers) great way to shut everyone out of the pot and get no action on the hand.