View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Check raise AK on the River unimproved.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/r the turn, not the river

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I was thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]I guess you guys are thinking the turn is a better spot because it doesnt give anybody a chance to hit a cheap card on the river? What is the plan for the rest of the hand after a turn check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats the main reason I was thinking of.

To a lesser extent, in the slight chance Button has 66, 88, or 99, you have a better chance of blowing him off it on the turn than on the river for one more bet when a blank card came that doesn't look like it should have helped you.

If he called a turn c/r, I'd bet/fold or maybe bet/call if I had a read he will bluff raise the river.

Also, you might have to call a river raise though because you look like you don't have much because because you checked the flop and didn't bet out or c/r the turn. Had you done one of those, it would make more sense to Villian that you wanted to c/r the flop but he thwarted you. He is not going to be too afraid of you on the river, and he might think your river checkraise is a bluff w/ something like AK. He will then only call if he can match or beat that.

And the above paragraph applies to the way you played your hand. I think your only going to get called by a hand you chop with or lose to, so I don't see value in check/raising the river.