View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Interesting 89s Line -- Hrmm...

Thinking about my last post I realised it was a pile of poop.

I thought about the hand again.

Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a drawing hand in the SB. He couldn't be more OOP.

First consideration when you get a hand is it's possible strengths and weaknesses. If you should play the hand, why, and what are you looking for ? with this hand you want to hit the flop hard. Period. you want at least two pair/flush/straight draw.

Second consideration. Position. If you folded here it would probably be soft but not bad. For 5 chips though its worth the gamble.

The flop. No good. You have a weak pair, no real kicker and no real draw to speak of. You have achieved none of the objectives this hand requires for optimal play. You are now looking to
a) dump the hand - check/fold
or
b) try and steal the 75 chips in the pot - bet/fold

Turn - assumes you have chosen option a - hence you should fold. You have no reason to call here. Fold. If you want to continue in the hand you should raise if only so you're not operating in the vacuum you're currently in.

River - You shouldn't be here knowing as little as you do about the other players hands unless you want to throw some more chips down the drain.