View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: UB 25/50: I fold a hand (for once)

[ QUOTE ]

Funny that I just asked the question. First of all, I think that if you 3-bet the turn you don't have to worry about T or J b/c chances of a gut-shot calling are slim.

If a spade comes, it's all read-dependent but I tend to fold to a bet and check behind the turn while calling a river bet if it's not a spade.

If a K comes, I probably bet/fold if checked to as I'm still worried about spades. If it's bet at me, I probably find a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJs/KTs/JTs are very likely hands for villain to call a flop 3bet w/. This is why a J/T turn is somewhat scary. It doesnt change the hand much... but is still not a "blank". A K is somewhat more scary b/c it is possible villain has AK in addition to JTs, however i think its very rare that villain would have AK and call a flop 3bet (however there are a lot more combos of AK than JTs).

The scariest cards IMO are a 6 or a spade. I think these need to be checked behind.

I think that the most profitable way to play this is to just call the flop; as villain is probably bluffing and/or overrating some % of the time as well.