View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Deep in a Party $109, blind defense vs big stack?

I pushed here, and villian thought for awhile before finally calling w/ AJs. And I was out in 12th. It's always hard to know if I'm pulling the right move when I end up getting all in vs a dominating hand. I guess it's close. I wonder if ATs is really the hand to be pushing here, because it's dominated by every hand he calls with. I figured his calling range would be 99+, AK, maybe AQ. So I think a hand like 76s is even better to push here; because even though ATs is better against his opening range than 76s is, 76s will perform better against his calling range.

Honestly I didn't expect him to call w/ AJs. I hadn't restolen any pots during the 3 or 4 orbits I'd been with him and only shown the goods. I also was putting my good stack on the line against someone who could bust me on the final table bubble. I think I'm repping (and usually having) and big pair or AK here.

Of course, I'm probably giving a Party player too much credit for noticing what I've been doing and the table dynamics. I can't expect most of them to think beyond "omfg I have big suited ace."