View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: AQs. NASTY HAND. PARTY 1/2.

Put your opponents on likely hands here on the flop. Does the checkraiser do this with a draw? What about the guy in the middle? Then think about what they do on the turn. Will they apply more pressure or play like a panzy? Folding is out of the question in this pot - it's huge.

You absolutely have to bet this flop. You reraised preflop, a K flops. AK is a likely hand for you, right? Bet the damned thing. If you are scared to bet here, don't three bet the AQs preflop.

Now here's the interesting thing that I would consider that nobody else has: Three bet the flop. This board is draw heavy, and you have position. People like to semibluff out of position with draws, to no end. The guy in the middle either has an absolute monster or a draw. I think he has the latter. Now, what about the guy in the front? Might as well find out, since you've made the pot huge. Pop it and take the free card, unless you spike an A on the turn. You may actually fold out the guy in front and be able to bet the turn headsup. Think about this for a second.

Good check on the turn. I'm glad that your opponents are terrible.

The river card actually kind of sucks for you. You must call, but I think you lost to 89. The question is does raising buy you the pot here? Doubt it. Call and hope your hand is good. You can't fold this river.