View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: If Bush Was A Liar On Iraq Then So Were the Libs

[ QUOTE ]
There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years."
— Floor statement of Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Oct. 10, 2002

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"I consider the prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam Hussein who can threaten not only his neighbors, but the stability of the region and the world, a very serious threat to the United States."
— Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York at a Jan. 22, 2003, press conference

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, these two comments came after Bush's state of the Union address where he cited the Nigerian document.

Here is an honest question: If Bush or Rummy or Cheney knew that the Nigerian document was most likely false or very well could be false and still allowed the President to cite it in his address, would you consider that a lie?

The other concern I have with Bush's credibility are his claims that Al Quaida and Saddam were working together. We now know those claims to have been false: If the administration knew before the war that those claims were most likely false or very well could be false, would you consider that to be a lie?

We all have to ask ourselves, what would I consider a lie? And if at some point in this process, it turns out that the prerequisites for us are met, then we have no choice but to ally ourselves with the Bush detractors.