View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Are you guys in autobet mode if you raise pre flop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
getting 8:1 you should at least see the turn with 2 overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's follow the SSHE advice and say our overcards are worth 0.5 each since sometimes we still lose when we hit them. So we have about 3 outs > 14:1. However, two of them put three to a flush, so these two are worth even less plus it gives anyone with a club a redraw to a flush. I wouldn't count these two as outs since they're practically worthless. Add to all this that we're facing three opponents our overcards drop in value a bit more. So, we have more or less between 1.5-2 outs > 22:1. That's my reasoning here for not calling. Anyone with any comments on this is welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how check calling can't be a option, if someone bets your odds are better than 8:1, there is also a chance that it would get checked through and you get to see the turn for free and check fold when the turn comes a blank. Giving yourself only 2 outs or less is way too low, this board does not look like it hit anybody hard, so your overcard outs are more likely to be live.
I don't mind betting either. But I don't really like folding.The turn is easy, if you miss then fold. folding on the flop seems like fit or fold poker.IMO