View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Good Push Situations?

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see the logic here. If you allow him to call with AK, and the flop dont contain any A or K, you still have to bet and he will fold. So that wont make you any more money.

The only thing you can hope for is if he have AQ and an Q flops. That would make you some money, but its not very likely. And he will fold AJ no matter what, and probably JJ or lower, so you wont have him dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

My logic is there is now 6000 chips in the middle UTG would be getting 3-1 on his call. He probably has a better than avg hand raising UTG and lets say it is a pair of 99-JJ's. If the flop comes 3 rags he may get action. If UTG raiser is loose he may even call PF with AJ for that big of a pot and when the J hits the flop you then may get action. You may even milk AQ/AJ/AK or a middle pair for some chips with that much money in the pot. Its simply playing QQ's against a separate opponents. You're calling half your stack and are pot committed, with a hand like QQ's I don't see why you would push him out. If he pushes all in Preflop you have to call anyways.