View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Beginner Stud Hi Lo hand

The limp in was a huge mistake. Most people here seem to say you should have folded. Personally I like raising here. Maybe the Ace folds..if he just calls you can assume he just has a low draw...if he raises well then you can let it go there if you want or just call to see what happens on 4th since by then the pot has grown.

The reason I like raising is because you get so much more info as well as thinning the field. Those other limpers are in already for sure and will call. You hope that they all catch bad and can take the pot on 4th.

Amazing the first two guys did catch bad but they called 4th street anyway, lol. Based on what I see I think you probably do have the best high hand at the moment but Seat 6's Ace and suited babys are scary..although with all the other spades out and the fact that he didnt raise 3rd would tell me he doent have a flush...at best drawing.

To me seat 8's 22 showing is even more scary because he could have two pair already. I don't think folding there was bad at all but I think if you'd have raised 3rd you'd be in much better shape by this point...having a better idea where you were.

I normally play 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10..and most of the time I know at least half the players at the table...so it's easier to read them. I'm guessing at this .25 game it's hard to tell where these guys are in a hand because there is a good chance they don't even know.