View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand - A6o on bubble

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is the short stack and can't afford to wait for a premium hand. Against a bully's range A6 is good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

if his range is any two cards and you know he will call its .5 +EV. A6 is certainly not good enough against his range if he is calling

[/ QUOTE ]

This post doesn't make any sense. The ideal situation would be to have the big stack fold a lot of hands here. We pick up 525 chips with no risk to the stack. Even if he always calls us as a 3:2 underdog, our EV compared to folding is +T400. It is better to see him fold a ton here and be a big dog when he calls compared to seeing him call a lot as a nice favorite.

Any smart villian is playing close to 90% of their hands in this spot. We would call him with A6o if he was playing well, so we should certainly push over the top since we might get some FE to boot. Of course if he isn't playing well and is folding a lot then we should just fold and pick a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was smart, I would never dream of playing 90% of my hands in the villian's shoes, especially with a desperate shortstack in the BB. You don't want to attack the shortest stack when they are the BB, as they are most likely to fight back. This is precisely the time to not play such a large % of hansd.