View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Beginner Question about tournaments

The more I learn about poker from books and this site ... and the more I think about my lifestyle / alloted poker time ... I'm starting to realize that I may have to "specialize" in tournaments for now. (My first kid is due in about 2 months, and I'm not going to sacrifice too much family time to play poker. Those darn priorities!!!)

While I plan on spending as much time as possible building a bankroll from low limits, it seems to me that the ever popular SNG's may be the best way for me to increase my poker knowledge and skills. Smaller MTT's have an attraction to me also. Anything to hone my skills and apply the 2+2 strategies.

I've checked with the Tournament forums and found the most recommended books to read (TOP, HOHE, TPFAP). Most of the other advice is very specific/advanced.

What order should I approach books in? (I do have GSIH, WLLHE, and SSH. I'm <u>studying</u> IN DETAIL the two 2+2 books) How much table/cash game time will help with tournament play? Which sites are best for online tournaments for a newer player? What am I forgetting to ask?

Any other advice is welcome as I know enough to know that there are important questions I'm not asking. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance for all your help!