Thread: NEVER use USPS
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: NEVER use USPS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my nice, quite, suburban neighborhood, UPS drops the package on the front porch, doesn't even ring the door bell, and runs -not walks, runs- back to the truck to hurry to the next stop. If I'm not home plus hear the truck, I won't know a pkg. has been left as I don't normally even go to my front porch on a weekly basis. I use a side door to enter and exit and to walk to the street to get newspapers and mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't someone have to sign for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

Some time ago UPS dropped the signature requirement for residential deliveries. They made it an option on the part of the shipper. Then, I'm pretty sure they discontinued signatures for residential deliveries altogether. I'm not sure of the current status, but you could check their website and/or e-mail them. Fed-ex still gets signatures as far as I know.

If I was ordering a valuable shipment of anything I would check it out first. Even if you insure something and are actually able to eventually collect on the insurance, you still might to repeat a several week wait for custom production of your order. For something valuable, I would be willing to pay a little more to mandate a signature, along with the insurance.