View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 09:28 AM

Default QJo foolishness (first timer, be nice)

Hi, all.

I've been enjoying the forum for a while now and getting a lot out of the excellent hand analyses that many of you post here. Starting to feel guilty for lurking and never offering up any of my own dubious plays (of which there are plenty).

So, to get the ball rolling: here's a QJo hand for you to criticize. I know that mistake number one was probably playing this crappy hand PF at all -- the table had been fairly passive and I thought I was going to see several callers behind, although that's not what happened. When the action came on the flop, I wasn't happy but figured CO could well be pumping his flush draw. No clubs on turn and river meant I had to call down. Was my thinking anywhere near sensible?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.66 BB