View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days part 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i moved this thread because i dont want it in mush. this challenge differs from the other 3 (gonores, schneids, GoT) in a few ways. one is that those 3 are/were beloved here and people had an active interest in their success. you are relatively new here and i dont think there will be that kind of interest. the other is that the others (mainly the 60k in 60 days ones) included long writeups every few days about how they were feeling, things they were doing, interesting hands, etc. that made them good, valuable reads. i dont think you plan on doing it. there are a lot of challenges here and no one cares about most of them. the ones people take interest in are the ones from people who take the time to give us updates.

for anyone reading this who pm'ed me i will get back to you as soon as i can. there was a tragedy in the family of someone very close to me and i havent been around a computer much at all. i ahve 37 unread pm's right now

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Dave has been posting here for a while and I believe he made that new account to change his name for whatever reason. I believe him to be the same caliber player as gonores/schneids/guyontilt and believe his playing insights could be as helpful as their's. FWIW, he was playing 10/20 sixmax when me/diablo/schneids/gonores/nate/stripsqueez were playing that game and posting in HUSH and back then I believed him to be as tough as any of those.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for clearing that up. i guess i shouldnt have assumed that about him (just saw the 02/05 reg date and 300 posts), but i still think the things i said hold true in regards to whether it belongs in hush or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's your prerogative of course. Just figured I'd clarify for others reading this thread that this guy is definitely worth a read and is a very high quality player/poster. I think the challenge type posts are fine but don't necessarily belong in the strategy forums myself(regardless of whether they contain strategy, or not).
-James