View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Table coach berates me over $8.50

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The guy coaching seems silly. Though in reality, I don't think it matters much if you bet the turn or the river. You're hand is nearly unbeatable. But if he would call $8 on the flop, I don't see why $8.50 would scare him away on the turn (though obviously the 10 could have scared him.)

If your stack was deeper, then I would argue you have to bet the turn. But considering you only have 1 small bet left... I suppose in this particular case, it couldn't hurt to check it... maybe you get lucky and induce a bluff?

But the coach is really overreacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what BB is calling with on the flop that he's folding on the turn. But my understanding of the idea at play here is that it doesn't matter if you bet the turn or river here if he has an A, as he is likely getting his $$ in. However, if he has diamonds, if you bet here, he will usually call. If you wait, he will only put his money in the 20% of the time that he hits his flush on the river. Much more +EV to bet now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes a lot of sense. My first inclination would have been to check the turn, but this seems better. Do you still lead the turn if stacks are deeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm still gonna lead based on the same principle. Here you have to be more careful to price the BB in, since he's not down to $8.50, but checking really accomplishes nothing in the deep stack scenario (unless you have a read that this guy is aggressive and will take a shot once you show weakness).

[/ QUOTE ]
How much will you lead turn given a Deep stack situation (villain covers)? 1/2 pot? more?