View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: ethics - do you point this out?

"If the amount of money in the pot under discussion were significant (or life changing) to you would your answer remain the same ?

If you answered "no" to any of these questions your opinion should not be counted as valid."

This one I found interesting. For the lottery pool that I occasionally run, I tell all of the new members about my "8-figure integrity rule." What it boils down to is this:
If I'm buying tickets for you, and for myself, and you don't know which tickets are yours before the drawing.... then you COULD get your winning ticket from me if the prize is in the low-seven figures.

However, if it's eight-figures or more, there's no way in HELL that you're ending up with the winning ticket that you don't know about. It's too much security for my family (specifically, children) and I know I won't be able to make myself hand it over... which is why I run my pool so anally, BTW.

So, I have some doubts about your presumed stance that extreme life-changing amounts invalidate ethics stances. You are probably technically correct, but I challenge you to pass the $100M test. :P