View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: see mike push. push mike, push

given the way you have described your opponents it sounds like they can have enough hands that you arent folding for the amount of money in play so thats one aspect you dont have to consider anymore. given that your not folding the thing to think about is structuring the betting in such a way that the broadest range of hands you want to play against can put in the largest amount of money. pushing is probably not the answer to this. what range of hands do you think a push is better against than a pottish sized bet?

the decision i think you have on the flop is between checking and betting somewhere between 70-100% of the pot or so.

i think your pre-flop raise here was about right, something between 50-70 pre-flop seems correct to me. i dont understand why some people want to raise more than 70 or so, that just seems like a waste.

i think your proposed 120 raise with QQ is real bad. what range of hands are you expecting to call that raise? if your not expecting much of anything to call it then why would you want to turn your very strong hand into a virtual bluff? if everyone folds the fact that you had QQ and actually had them beat isnt really worth anything. if a 120 raise is actually getting called by a decent range of hands then ill probably retract my statement about a bigger raise with AA being bad.