Thread: Size this bet
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Size this bet

[ QUOTE ]
Party 200.

First towards table image. Villain and I have been at the table together for at least 90 minutes. Since I got there early with 2K in chips I played maybe 4 hands in 4 levels, until with the BB hitting 200 I pushed 4 times, once in LP then 3 times in the next orbit, none of which got called. Then I folded 2 more orbits until with blinds up to 150/300 I pushed over top of a raiser with AK, he had AQ and I doubled up to 5K. A few hands later I open raised again to 750 and won the blinds, now to my hand in question.

Blinds are 150/300. I'm in the SB with AK. Folded to me and I make it 750 again. BB is a big stack at 8K, who seemed to consider calling some of my all-ins earlier, now of course I can hurt him much worse. He just calls my raise.

Flop K Q J rainbow.

Whats my play? Please give me your reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi David.

If he's been paying attention to your raises and your aggression (which it seems like he has), you need to bet the flop, no doubt about it. He will in all liklihood reraise with J-10, Q-10, K-10, A-J, A-Q, all of which are possible holdings here. He will also be ahead of you every once and a while, but this is blind versus blind and like you said, you will go broke here if he has the st8t, 2 pair, or set.

He might even reraise with one pair and no straight draw here, assuming he can take it down against your 'blind' aggression (pun intended). Something like K-8 maybe.

No way do you check here, as it in my opinion would be transparent you had something at this juncture. I think I bet 1/2-3/4 of the pot and hope to eventually get your money in. Hope it went ok.

edit: Just saw results, quite the brutal beat and you played it great.

Brad