View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Attn High-Mid Limit Players: General Approach

[ QUOTE ]
My questions are as follows

1)Do you jump from site to site?

2)How many sites do you play

3)When you deposit onto site, do you deposit and start at lower limits and work up, or do you jump into high stakes

4)Is the process different for a new site?

5)What range of limits do you play?

For example I am adequately rolled to play 20/40 +

However when I make a deposit to a new site I usually only put in like $500 and start at 3/6 and progress till I have enough on the site to play higher limits...(Usually 3 buy-ins)

6)Is this a good approach?

)Is progressing thru a range of skill levels (types of play) in a fast amount of time good for your game or would it be better to put enough in to play say 20 40 right away be a better idea?

A large reason I do this is sites restrict the amount of cash I can transfer onto site... For example signed to play at bodog and i depoist using firepay so it limits me to a $500 max transfer

Just curious to others approaches

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Not really. I play at two sites (Party & Bodog), although I plan to add a third before the end of the year.

2) see above.

3) I deposit enough so I can play 10/20 or higher.

4) No

5) I play 15/30 - 30/60

6) Honestly, I don't see much value in this approach. If the only reason you do this is because of the FirePay limit, I would suggest switching to Neteller. If you have the BR, skill, and desire to play mid limits, play mid limits. It seems silly (to me) to impose an artificial limit and treat each site as a brand new poker experience.

7) I would rather play at the highest limit where I am competitive. If I run bad/play bad and am no longer adequately provisioned for my preferred limit, I'll drop down and regroup, but generally, I will play as high as my skill set and BR will allow.

Just my .02 cents