View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Attn High-Mid Limit Players: General Approach

[ QUOTE ]
My questions are as follows

1) Do you jump from site to site? 2) How many sites do you play

3) When you deposit onto site, do you deposit and start at lower limits and work up, or do you jump into high stakes

4) Is the process different for a new site?

5) What range of limits do you play?

For example I am adequately rolled to play 20/40 +

However when I make a deposit to a new site I usually only put in like $500 and start at 3/6 and progress till I have enough on the site to play higher limits...(Usually 3 buy-ins)

6) Is this a good approach?

7) Is progressing thru a range of skill levels (types of play) in a fast amount of time good for your game or would it be better to put enough in to play say 20 40 right away be a better idea?

A large reason I do this is sites restrict the amount of cash I can transfer onto site... For example signed to play at bodog and i depoist using firepay so it limits me to a $500 max transfer

Just curious to others approaches

[/ QUOTE ]

To make it easier I numbered your questions.

1 & 2) I typically play at one main site (Stars) but have accounts at other sites as well BoDog, UB, Paradise

3)I'll play 15/30 when I first get to a site (maybe 10/20).

4) N/A

5) 15 / 30 (70%), 30/60 (25%) to 100 / 200 (5%)

6) Your bankroll IMO is your bankroll across at sites (and for that matter what you are willing to add from your personal accounts).
If you are lowering EV by dropping to 3/6 I would not say that's a good approach. Live players tyically do not have every penny they own with them when they sit down.

I'll put $500 into an accouting and play 15/30 if I lose it no biggie, I can always play at my main site and add more some other time and go back.

Treating each site as it's own bankroll is IMO not a good approach.

7) Huh?