View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Sklansky on Abortion

This is one of the best threads I've read so far in this forum! I've always believed that killing a fetus was the same as killing a newborn infant. The law says otherwise. I disagree with the law, but I think that there are more important things to worry about. If the law were to be changed, I'd have no problem with that.

The pro-choicers are confused. They've understandably confused feminism with this issue. They were wrong to so and now they are stuck in their faith/ideology. There is no way to convince them otherwise.

The pro-life crowd has been manipulated by the churches and politicans for the sake of votes and money. This is an easy issue to get people all charged up over. It's much easier than advocating for an end to abject poverty or an end to all war. The politicians and church leaders have convinced them that changing this law is the single greatest moral imperative of our generation.

As a result, our nation is stuck. Even more so when you consider that Chrisitianity already feels threatened by secularism. And abortions are the most obvious argument against Secularism. They understandably feel that if secularism leads to killing innocent children then secularism should be challenged wherever it rears its' ugly head. They have a point.