View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: AKo All-In Question

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I think calling his all-in is better than folding at this stage in the tournament, but I think going all in first would've been better. Although AK is a strong hand, I'd rather not give small pocket pairs an excuse to call.

If I'm up against big pairs, they're gonna call anyway, and so be it. But if there are small pairs out there, which is just as dangerous for my AK as the big pairs, I would rather have them fold. Although I'm not desperate yet, I'm getting close to that point and I think All-In first would've been better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ignoring the times that Villan has AQ-AX, KQ-KT, when he tries the same move. By open pushing, you are letting these hands off the hook, when a large % of them will resteal.

So, even if the BB was dealt PP and two high cards, the same % of time (which is false, high cards much more often), it would still be correct to give him a chance to resteal. You are either going to faced with a fairly profitable call, or an enourmously profitable call.

If you push, you will win the blinds such a large % of the time, that the strength of you hand really is a minor consideration. (this is given what I assume is a tight image for hero)