View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Pushing AK Preflop

I almost never push AK preflop. In fact, I can't remember a single time that I have done it in the past 2 months. Moving up to the 100's, however, I find things to be a little more loose and aggressive. This is the first time that I felt really comfortable pushing AK preflop.

Table history: I've been here 20 minutes. 10 minutes ago seat two pushed into me preflop when I had AA. He left and a new seat two sat down. This is the villain in this hand.

5 minutes ago I was UTG+1. I made it $4 with QJs. Villain called. I flopped the nut straight, we got it all in on the flop and he showed KT for flopped two pair.

2 minutes ago I was SB. UTG made it $2 (he was doing this almost every hand. Button called I made it $7 with AQs to take it down. Villain made it $12. Me and UTG both called. Flop came T8T, I check, villain bets pot, we both fold.

So on to the current hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($247.50)
Button ($125.90)
SB ($31.97)
BB ($59.65)
UTG ($63.90)
MP ($65.70)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.

UTG calls, MP folds, Hero raises to $4, Villain raises to $25, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero pushes for $250, Villain calls all in

Look standard? Since I feel like villain is playing back to me this is a pretty good time to push right?