Thread: Scuba Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Scuba Questions

Hi Everyone,

I need help, and there is no place finer than OOT to seek help.....I think.

Anyway, my wife and I are going on the Cardplayer Cruise this week, and we booked a beginners scuba tour in Manzanillo. I have 2 scuba questions for the forum:

1. I have exercise induced asthma, but it hasn't ben a problem for over the past 15 years. I'm still active, and I still play soccer on a regular basis. I have done the discovery scuba dive before (+/- 30ft), and didn't have any breathing problems. Should I be concerned if I lie about it on the padi form for this dive? I have an inhaler, but I almost never use it before, during, or after a soccer game. The only time I do use it is if it is very cold, I take a puff about 20 minutes AFTER a game because I get a raw feeling in my chest. Warm weather does nothing to me when I play. I was planning to lie on the form because I probably won't have time to get to the doctors for him to sign the form.

2. My wife wears contacts. She is worried she won't be able to use them for this dive. Can she wear contacts while diving?

If anyone has the answers to these questions, I'd appreciate it soon. We leave Thursday for San Diego.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Joe