View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: 100NL : hand series versus tough LAG - help!

[ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with so called vanilla against these players BTW, it's up to you how you want to play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I don't have a problem with just tightening up preflop. The thing I hate is with deep stacks just being willing to get allin with top pair, giving up on reading him for sets, flushes, etc.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not folding to the flop c/r, there is a good chance we're ahead and if not have a good draw to get there. I just don't like the 3bet because there is no reason to semi-bluff this player; we should be looking to draw cheaply and get paid when we hit. Based upon what you've shown, he will pay us off. Also if we keep it cheap getting to showdown with these marginal holdings will be easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so presumably check-call small on the turn, check-fold to big bets. I guess that's the best possible. He has shown that he'll attack pot-size with air after I show weakness, so that's entirely possible and I may fold the best hand + a good draw, but such is life.

BTW on the last hand he had QQ and I was drawing dead after the turn gave him a house, but he could've just had Q2 and the result would have been the same.