View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Navy Seals vs Army Rangers vs other special forces vs UFC

The Truth,

Pride rules are the same:
1 No head butting, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or fish hooking.
2 No attacking the groin
3 No strikes (kicks, elbows, punching) to the back of the head (which includes the occipital region and the spine).
4 No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary).
5 No elbow strikes to the head and face.

Almost word for word. They outlaw things that would kill the fighters/make the matches last 2 seconds. These are things seals are trained in specifically. Every single thing both you and Krubbman have said has been answered in a previous post. Most of them by reference to external sources.

The one thing i did want to respond to was your absurd endurance point. You say:
"I remember I would be in awesome shape after basetball season. I could run a couple miles, practice, then run suicides all day, endurance was fine."

I'm sure you were in good shape. Not seal shape. Check out their third phase workout day, tell me you think the average UFC'er could do this.

Obstacle course 10 min
4 mile timed run (in boots) 30 min
14 mile run Completion
2 mile ocean swim with fins 75 min

"youve seen to many rambo movies"

I guess so. I'm taking the position that men trained to kill will defeat men trained to non-lethally fight for entertainment in a fight to the death. And im providing references to back up my claims, unlike the non stop anecdotal ev train yall are on. I respectfully conceede.